By: Nicole Liza
WAYS OF FOOD STACKING AND PREVENTING FOOD WASTE
Stop blaming temperature control alone, stretch your grocery haul with these following ideas.
1. PERFECT TEMPERATURE- Prevent the growth of bacteria by setting the fridge in perfect temperature; set between 0° – 4 ° and you’ll be surprised how much you can save from spoilage.
2. SCHEDULED CLEANING- Bacteria and undesirable odors usually builds up from different moisture and hindered air flow inside the fridge, schedule cleaning once a month to maintain your fridge’s function
3. NEVER REFRIGERATE- Bread, Tomatoes, Onions, Squash, Potatoes, Canned Goods. Mentioned are just a few from the list. These will thrive at room temperature and some aren’t stored because it can spoil prematurely.
4. LEAFY VEGETABLES- They are best consumed when half-cooked and crisp, when storing leafy green vegetables, it is best to cling wrap them and keep it as airtight as possible.
5. REPURPOSED JARS- Storing foods in repurposed glass jars helps us remember what we’ve got in the fridge needing to be consumed.