- 1 (5-oz) box cook and serve chocolate pudding mix (not instant)
- 3 cups milk
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Combine pudding mix and milk in a large saucepan. Heat over medium-high heat until thickened.
- Remove from heat and pour pudding into a large bowl. Press plastic wrap or wax paper against the surface of the pudding and cool about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan, set aside.
- Remove plastic wrap from top of pudding. Stir in chocolate cake mix. Mix well, making sure there are no dry ingredients hidden in the batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Top with chocolate chips and pecans.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool completely before cutting.