- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine cherries, almonds, and 1/2 cup flour in a bowl; mix until fruit is well coated.
- In another bowl, combine 1 3/4 cups flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir well to blend.
- Cream butter or margarine, sugar, and flavorings together until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating for one minute with mixer on high speed after each addition. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture alternately with milk, starting and ending with flour mixture. Stir in floured fruits and nuts. Spread batter into greased and floured bundt or tube pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 55 to 65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto the wire rack to cool completely. Wrap cooled cake in aluminum foil, and store in cool place for several days to allow the cake to ripen.