By: Nicole Liza
Bring out the best in each another; food and exercise completely work that way. Some tend to isolate foods and Avocado is one of it. But did you know, there’s growing interest among nutrition scientists in examining Avocado as part of your slimming regimen? It can do more to your body than you’ll ever know.
If your construction worker appetite is charging difficulty for you to trim down, consider SALAD with avocados on it! Why? Avocado is rich in monounsaturated fats that help ward off hunger. Greens like spinach help fill you up without filling you out. In fact, women who eat foods with high water content such as leafy greens, have lower BMIs and smaller waistlines than those who don’t.
Don’t buy the ignorance- stop Avocado shaming. Here are the 5 reasons why I am starting my Avocado diet.
- The Good in the Fat– Researchers attribute the results to avocado’s monounsaturated fat content (a type of heart-healthy fat molecule that has one unsaturated carbon bond), which may play an important part in lowering elevated cholesterol—a factor in insulin resistance, excess weight, and obesity.
2. The Belt Shrinker– New research conducted in Mexico found that monounsaturated-rich oil pressed from the fruit can help mitochondria (organelle in cells, in which the biochemical processes of respiration and energy production occur) survive attacks. Researchers say the results jive with low-disease rates in Mediterranean countries where olive oil—nutritionally similar to the avocado—is a diet staple. In fact, study authors predict avocado oil could eventually be referred to as “the olive oil of the Americas.”
3. The Multi- Nutritious– Scoop of Avocado may be one of the most effective hunger-squashers. At only 60 calories, a two-tablespoon serving of guacamole (on top of eggs, salads, grilled meats, etc.) can provide the same satiety benefit with even more of a flavor-punch.
4. The Toxin Fighter– The survey results, published in Nutrition Journal, found that eating half a medium-sized avocado on a daily basis was highly correlated with improved overall diet quality and a 50 percent reduced risk of metabolic syndrome. In clearer view, chances of getting heart disease, Diabetes, and stroke are being lowered. The biochemical processes in the body are in normal function.
5. The Hunger Smasher– Provides nearly 20 vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients essential for healthy weight management, including 14 grams of satiating fiber and 66 percent (60 micrograms) of your daily need for vitamin K—a nutrient that helps regulate sugar metabolism and insulin sensitivity.
All that said, give greens the ultimate nutrient boost with a dollop of flavorful fresh avocado, or a tablespoon of avocado oil-based vinaigrette!