- 6 slices of bread
- 12 eggs
- 12 slices of bacon
- shredded cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat a skillet on medium-high heat, cook the bacon and only allow it to cook for about 4-5 minutes. You are looking for flexible but not raw. While the bacon is cooking, cut two circles out of each slice of bread. I used a circle cookie cutter to make it easier.
- Now take that extra bread and either save it
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. Next, lay a circle of bread into the bottom of each muffin cup. Wrap the bacon around the edge of each muffin cup. (I did this part backwards – we did the cheese before the bacon – it made absolutely no difference) Sprinkle cheese on top of the bread slices.
- Now carefully, crack an egg into each cup. Megan suggested cracking the egg carefully into a bowl first and then sliding it into the muffin cup. I just did it right into the pan.
- Bake them for 10-15 minutes or until the whites have set and the yolk is cooked to your liking (less for a runny yolk, more for a cooked yolk)
- Serve with pancakes and fresh fruit – well, we did. And by the way, you cannot eat just one. I don’t care what anyone says, you can’t. It’s impossible.